Effectively managing safety on motorways and tunnels involves keeping lanes clear and traffic flowing for our clients and the driving public. We are proud that several of Australia’s largest road and motorway network managers trust us to keep things on the move.
Our Incident Response teams are the first on the scene for unplanned traffic incidents and work with emergency services and relevant government agencies and authorities to minimise disruption and maximise safety. Watch our video below to hear about how Kyle and Chanel keep road users moving and safe every day.
Our Operations Control Rooms are the primary points of contact for the state authority traffic management centres and emergency services – they form an important part of our overall incident response approach. Our highly-skilled response crews are dispatched to manage all incidents, no matter how big or small. It is our job to:
- Manage the road and the safety of the public.
- Keep as much of the road open as possible
- Repair and restore damaged road quickly and safely
- Communicate during the incident with the public, our client and the wider response teams.
People stop their vehicle for all sorts of reasons, from a simple break down to a multi-vehicle accident, a major special event or even a natural disaster. We provide a 24-hour towing and breakdown service for accident response and traffic breakdowns, respond quickly to urgent emergency situations as well as helping our clients plan for road closures and detours.
Turning up with a tow-truck to remove a stranded vehicle is fairly straightforward, although this work is often carried out in heavy traffic congestion and must be performed whilst ensuring the safety of all involved.
Responding to a more significant incident such as an overturned fuel tanker requires:
- immediate response with extensive resources
- close co-ordination with emergency services to protect the public and the environment
- mimisation of damage to the road and surrounding infrastructure
- emergency repair work
- re-opening the road either partially or fully to permit the safe movement of vehicles.
To do this well, our people must be highly skilled and that's why we provide extensive training. We are one of the leaders in Australia to train our people using virtual simulation techniques as well as first aid and firefighting training. This equips them to handle any situation, including:
- first response
- first aid, including CPR and using a defibrillator (these are fitted in all our vehicles)
- conflict resolution, interpersonal communications and courteous dealing with people in distress.
We manage incident response across some of Australia’s major arterial roads, road networks and high density urban motorways and tunnels in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, going above and beyond for our clients and their customers.
We respond fast, clear lanes as quickly and safely as possible, and return traffic to normal to keep people and our cities moving!
Winner 2016 Work Safety Award (QLD) for AirportLink M7 Project
Winner 2014 Work Safety Award (QLD) for Clem Jones Tunnel (Clem7), Brisbane
We know that traffic never stops so neither can we. Watch our video below to learn more about how our incident response team partners with Transurban to keep road users safe.