Our telecommunications business, Visionstream, works with clients to create intelligent transport systems which improve road safety, manage traffic flow, provide more consistent travel times and improve communication with drivers about speed, lane availability and changed traffic conditions.
We also help our clients significantly improve their networks to deliver accurate, real-time information to their Traffic Management Centres.
Working with both public and private sector operators, we have used ITS technology on a number of significant projects, including:
- providing operations and maintenance services to the Liverpool-Parramatta Transitway for its ITS and communications network, supporting public transport services for over three million passengers a year.
- delivering the ITS for Transurban Queensland’s second Gateway Bridge and Motorway duplication. We identified network failures and managed a life-cycle network upgrade; adjusted the network design to alleviate integration issues with another vendor’s system and increased the reliability of traffic information for the operator and road users. We were awarded a 10-year contract for operations and maintenance services across the entire Gateway Motorway ITS and fibre network.
- upgrading the VicRoads West Gate Bridge’s security camera system, integrating it into the existing ITS to support proactive monitoring through VicRoads' traffic monitoring centre.
The key issues facing road network operators include accessibility, efficiency, reliability, safety, equity and security. We have solutions to address all of these problems.
Our broad service offering and our depth of experience means we can provide our clients with a complete turn-key approach, reducing risk and whole-of-life project costs. We work with you to make sure you get real measurable value, while assuring driver and employee safety and minimising community and environmental impacts.
Together, we can work to solve your unique project needs with:
- communications, control and signalling networks for transportation and carrier operators
- telecommunication-enabled ITS including automated incident management systems and traffic enforcement, sensor (wireless and traditional), transport network management operations, road condition monitoring and informatics, and public safety and security networks
- sensor networks to inform your traveller information platforms
- tunnel communications systems
- emergency alerting and radio networks
- remote-site communications solutions
- real-time CCTV security and enforcement networks
- conducting research and development into fields of telematics and wireless enabled technologies
- ITS Network Solutions.
Our end-to-end project commitment is backed by industry leading performance, robust project management, in-house technical capabilities and 24/7 real-time support. We work seamlessly with our extensive sub-contractor network and a wide range of technology vendors and carriers to provide you with the best solution.