As Australia’s network specialists, Visionstream, our telecommunications business, was proud to be chosen as the key delivery partner on one of the largest infrastructure rollouts across Australia – the National Broadband Network (nbn). We are pleased to be playing a vital role in the delivery of this essential infrastructure.
The nbn is an initiative of the Australian Federal Government to provide high-speed broadband access to Australian homes and businesses using a combination of fixed line connections (Fibre to the Premises, Fibre to the Node, Fibre to the Building or Hybrid Fibre Coaxial), and fixed wireless and satellite technologies for remote areas.
We have built a reputation on our ability to deliver consistency in quality, delivery and procedures at a large scale, while managing high volume and varied geographies. We are committed to meeting and exceeding client expectations for this multi-technology, nation building project.
Few businesses are able to handle such a large scale project end-to-end but Visionstream has the capacity, ability and expertise required to get the job done.
Through the nbn program of works, we’re undertaking design, implementing works inside exchanges and linking to the backbone network from the street to the home.
Visionstream’s involvement in Australia’s National Broadband Network, includes:
- the Transit Network – installation and commissioning of exchange equipment forming the core infrastructure to connect fibre access nodes across Australia
- multi-technology solutions including fibre to the node, fibre to the premises, and HFC connections across Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and Tasmania
- new developments – designing and installing fibre optic cable for new development estates across Victoria, Queensland, NSW and Tasmania
- network moves, adds and changes and restoration activities
- fibre links – building the essential links between exchanges across Australia
- field services delivery – connecting homes to the network.
A trusted partner
With more than 20 years experience in the networks market and expertly skilled team, Visionstream brings together a diverse range of capabilities and data from multiple sources without compromising integrity or reliability, to deliver whole-of-life solutions for the nbn.
Having built some of the largest fibre optic and mobile networks in Australia and New Zealand and having maintained both new and existing network access across the region, Visionstream has the experience and expertise to deliver the comprehensive large scale multi-technology solutions the nbn needed.
What the video to see how we used a drone to innovatively string broadband cable across the South Esk River in Tasmania