Sydney Water increases efficiencies and decreases costs with Ventia contract
Our mechanical and electrical maintenance contract with Sydney Water is one of the largest of its kind in Australia. The contract requires us to create year-on-year efficiencies to reduce costs and drive innovation.
Ventia has delivered substantial savings through the innovations and efficiencies agreed in the Annual Efficiency Plan. For example:
- We delivered a 20% cost saving in the contract in the first year
- The Kurnell Remote Vacuum Monitoring System resulted in substantial reduction of maintenance costs and community disruption. Standardising the Uninterrupted Power Supplies has provided significant savings at a number of sites
- Responding to vacuum pot pump-outs resulted in significant saving
- We have absorbed CPI increases every year since commencement of the contract
- Optimising resources to deliver a further step change in cost reduction.
Ventia work collaboratively with Sydney Water and our service delivery team is co-located within the Sydney Water operations Centre to undertake centralised planning and scheduling, engineering services and project support.
About the client
Sydney Water services more than 1.8 million homes and four million people in the Sydney, Illawarra and Blue Mountains regions across 13,000 square kilometres. It operates in challenging environments including cross-town traffic (CBD and metropolitan), high density areas and in close proximity to multiple underground services and utilities.
Sydney Water has a number of critical customers including:
- large hospitals and universities
- the Opera House and high profile sporting/entertainment centres such as the SCG
- Sydney International Airport and other transport infrastructure
- environmentally sensitive sites including heritage buildings and Aboriginal heritage sites.
What we deliver
- we provide mechanical and electrical maintenance services to all Sydney Water facilities including 30 water and wastewater treatment plants, 800 pumping stations and 260 reservoirs
- we undertake facilities management of Sydney Water's vast property portfolio including 2,400 buildings across 1,400 sites.
Watch our short video to learn more: