Environmental, social, and governance
We are committed to building a sustainable business that ensures we deliver on our commitments and create shared value for our people, clients, communities and investors.
Sustainability is central to our decision-making processes with environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors playing a fundamental role in our ability to create and sustain value, as well as manage risk.
As in any organisation, these factors are dependent on our main portfolio of work, and are therefore wide-ranging and constantly changing and evolving. Generally, though, our focus and drive is on continuous improvement in the following ESG factors:
- Resource efficiency (energy, water, fuel)
- Waste minimisation
- Flora and fauna management
- Reducing air and water pollution
- Local community impacts
- Measuring, reporting & compliance
- Local communities, including indigenous communities (read about our Reconcilation Action Plan here)
- Workplace health and safety
- Ethical supply chain (diversity, human rights, child labour, local & indigenous, ESG commitments)
- Employee relations, wellbeing and diversity.
- Risk management
- Bribery and corruption (read more in our Code of Conduct)
- Political lobbying and donations
- Tax strategy.
We achieve these ESG goals and objectives by:
- developing a collaborative culture where employees are engaged and aligned to achieve strong governance, economic, environmental and social considerations into their roles
- providing a safe, supportive, and positive workplace for Ventia team members
- developing a culture where our people integrate environmental, social and governance practices into their everyday professional decisions
- innovating to improve resource efficiency and waste minimisation and creating value for our employees, customers, and communities by finding better ways of working.
- acting with integrity and building trust to deliver on our commitments, developing a collaborative culture where employees are engaged and aligned to achieve strong governance, economic, environmental and social considerations into their roles.
Each Ventia division is responsible for managing sustainability in a way that reflects its contractual and compliance obligations, as well as our expectations around safety, health, environment, community, procurement and ethical behaviour.